Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Knocking, Knocking

August 24th, 2015

Hejsan Family!

This week was a finding week and a miracle week. We knocked a good number of doors, talked to a good number of people, and had a good number of "I'm not interested"s, but it's been fabulous.

I got to go and see Alice (my family's soon to be Swedish Exchange Student) and her family and I LOVE them! Such a fantastic family and Alice will fit in like a piece of my family. She is bubbly, cute and happy. We ate some really good seafood right next to an incredible view. They live in the most gorgeous place. Sweden is unbelievable! 

This week I got on a bus and I felt a  prompting go sit by a man who was in his wheelchair on the bus. Syster Lund turned to me and said "Do you want to go sit by that man?" and I said yes and moved seats to sit by him. I just want to help you understand even a little bit the feeling and the absolute joy I felt. I can't describe how good it feels to serve. It is something I can't put words to. It makes me realize how stupid it is as human beings that we put all these walls up and we don't connect with eac hother more. We need those human connections and we have so much to learn from each other.

I have felt some reasonable discouragement a few days this week. People have been unkind and have been shutting us down. It feels like nobody is interested sometimes. But I know God sent me to this land because He knew I could do it. Amidst my struggles, Syster Lund has kept a really positive attitude and a desire to work hard. She is so awesome and a person I really respect. When I thought life was getting pretty tough, God started blessing us. He REALLY loves us. On Saturday we had 3 street lessons and got a couple of possible investigator's phone numbers. That was an AWESOME day here in Sweden. Wow, God was so good to us! I love this land and I love this people, and most especially, I love my Heavenly Father.

I love you all so much!

Syster Nielsen


I think Sterling will appreciate this friend I found during service...

Alice!


This is the view from the back of Alice's house!

The front of Alice's house.

Alice and Family!

Swedish Pancakes! I had them twice this week! It was awesome!

Borås

The man I sat by on the bus. Syster Lund secretly took a picture.

Somtimes you get really tired and your companion takes a picture of you when you fall asleep on a bus.... Okay, only this time.



That is me! Our run this morning.


Our apartment- especially for Mom.

Bedroom

Kitchen. Let me just say, we have cleaned this place up. The Elders left it quite horrible... 

No comments:

Post a Comment