Sunday, September 27, 2015

Inadequacies and the Plan of Salvation

September 14th, 2015
 
 
Kära Familjer och Vänner,

Transfer calls came and Syster Lund and I are staying together in Borås! I am happy she is staying with me. She is fantastic and helping me keep my energy going. She is a consecrated missionary.

A mission is the hardest thing I have ever done. It is pushing, stretching and growing me in ways I didn't think I needed to. It is super testing my commitment to God and how much I am willing to humble myself. In the depths of humility. I don't think it can really be explained until you experience it. We met this man tracting last week who seemed so prepared for the Gospel. We were so excited about his potential. We probably taught him for about 30 minutes at his door, but then we got in contact with him and he doesn't want to learn more and he wanted to return the Book of Mormon we gave to him. We also got told by our investigator, Mattias, that he doesn't want to progress. We taught him about Temples this week and he said that it makes him sad, but he doesn't want temples. Kind of a stab in the heart. 

I feel so much desire to see people accept the Gospel, but God is trying to teach me something about the plan of salvation right now- agency. I often wonder if I could have done more, if I had tried harder, if I had had a more spiritual lesson, if I could have said something better or different, if I had talked to someone that I didn't talk to- if something would have been different. I want people to understand how this message can change their entire life, but I don't feel that I can adequately express it. I can't express the depth and breadth of my feelings towards God and the Gospel. I just want to teach with the power of the Book of Mormon prophets!

It is crazy in Sweden because so many people don't believe in God (often they say they believe in "something" but they aren't sure what it is) or a lot of people are Muslim. We talk to a LOT of Muslims. I am going to be honest, I struggle to know how to share the Gospel with them. Any suggestions?

But back to to the bright side of things- I got to play the Organ in Church yesterday for the first time since I have left home! I really miss playing it and it was such a fun thing.  Also, I want to share a scripture: "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ; for it is the power of God  unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek." Romans 2:16. Don't be ashamed of what you believe! It is the only way to life and salvation. 

I love you all! 

Syster Natalya Nielsen
 

Object Lesson.



Borås Chapel! Super cute.

My District this transfer. Elder Perkins, my somehow relative has been in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment