Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Hej Hej From the Far Reaches of the North!



Hej Familjer och Vänner!

I made it to Sweden! I am officially assigned to Luleå, the farthest north they send sister missionaries! The field is white- literally. There is still piles of snow up here! But no worries, the Gospel is keeping my heart warm, even if my hands aren't. And yes, if you told me when I got my mission call that I would fit right in here, you were right. There are so many light eyed and haired people here in Sweden! I seem like one of them.... until I open my mouth and my American accent peeks through. :)

The people here really need the Gospel of Jesus Christ! We get rejected a lot here. People are even unkind to us.. It has been hard for me! I don't understand why you would be rude to someone. Missionaries still have feelings. :) Last night Sister Savage and I were tracting apartment buildings in Gammelstad and I cried out to my Heavenly Father in my heart. I just didn't want to be rejected again. It's draining! Plus, my Swedish is still a work in progress and sometimes people look at me weird when I try and speak it. Anways, I prayed to my Father in Heaven for help to be strong. I felt comfort and strength come into my heart and I was filled with joy last night. What a blessing! We didn't find any new investigators last night, but I received yet another witness that God is helping and lifting me in this work.

My trainer is Sister Savage! She has been on her mission for about 7 months. She is an absolute sweetheart! She seems like a White personality to me. I am very dependent on her right now because her Swedish is much more advanced then mine. But that is okay. I keep praying and working for the gift of tongues.

We teach a lot of immigrants here. I believe  that God made it possible for them to come here so that they can here the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I testify that it brings peace to our lives! Christ is the way and we all need his peace.

I love you all! Thank you for your constant support and love.

Sister Nielsen











No comments:

Post a Comment