Monday, April 27, 2015

Singing and Norrland Milk

Hejsan Family and Friends,

This week Sister Savage and I decided we would swing by some older, less active women from our branch. I suggested we sing for them because we are both very muscial, and I know how happy the people in the old folks home were when I did that with my family back at home. It was so sweet! I felt so much love for these cute, kind of crazy old people. We sang Nearer My God to Thee to one nursing home, and a sweet non-member lady sang along with us. There was also a crazy lady who asked us if we were from the Church, and then proceeded to tell us "Well you better be quite then!" It was great!

I love the Gospel and serving! I'll be honest, some days I wake up and don't feel like going on, but at the end of the day I feel so much happiness. Happiness I haven't felt like this before! How can you get rejected every day, only talk to your family once a week, live in a place that is still 35 degrees at the end of April and feel this much joy? It's because I get to represent Jesus Christ all day every day. Yes, it's still hard. Sometimes you just don't want to talk to anyone ever again, but the joy you feel is amazing!

Funny fact for the day: the milk they drink here is local- the milk I drink comes from Norrland Cows. It tastes different than the milk in American. Maybe it's less pasterized? 

I love you all so much! Have a great week!

Syster Nielsen

This is from Sisters Conference. Cowboy and the Tin Man. :)

Cowgirls.

More Sisters Conference- All the Sisters in the Mission.

I'm a real Oregonian... Tree hugger for life! They are so green here. You even have to buy bags to put your groceries in. They are super particular about their recycling...

Missionary Life in Action: Daily Planning.


Sweden looks a lot like Oregon! Look at all those trees!

This is the "Godishuset" (Candy House). They had like 2 more walls that looked just like this... I bet Sterling, Annika, Naomi & Landon would love this!

Look what they have here!! I know my Scandinavian Geography super well because of this game!! I already knew where Boden was before I got here and now I've been there!

Thinking of my family! I really miss you and display this picture with pride!


Isn't Sweden gorgeous?!


No comments:

Post a Comment