Sunday, April 5, 2015

Only a Week and a Half till Sweden!

March 18, 2015
Dearest Family and Friends,

This was a great week. Only a week and a half until I am off to Sweden! It is insane! I feel like I have been here a lifetime and I also feel like it has gone fast.

I have been thinking about something Sister Bradley told me before I left. She said that I just needed to be bold and speak. I need to open my mouth- even if it is embarrassing because I am slaughtering the language. That's okay, that's how I learn. I am trying to be more fearless, and I feel like I am skyrocketing with the language. I'm trying to apply myself and memorize words and it is INCREDIBLE what God is helping me remember. I'll be sitting in a lesson with an investigator, teaching in Swedish, and the words I will have worked to memorize just come to me.

We pray a lot here. On a personal level, with my companion, Sister Mecham, as a District and other times. I can absolutely testify of the power of prayer. When I tell God what is in my heart, I KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that He is listening and answers my prayers. Teaching investigators the Gospel has made my question the strength of my own testimony. One of the first things we teach is that we have a God who weeps with us when we weep, that he feels our pain, that he loves us incomprehensibly and that he wants us to talk to him. I know that what we tell them is true. I have no doubt that God listens to me and he will listen to you.

This week Sister Mecham and I went in to teach our investigator, Kirsten, who has been having a hard time keeping her commitments to pray and read the Book of Mormon. We were planning to teach about Christ, but I just never felt really like that was right. I went in and just felt the spirit directing me to teach again about praying and reading the Book of Mormon. Sister Mecham was so good and went along with it, even though we had no communication beforehand. We jumped in with both feet and taught by the Spirit, even if it wasn't what we had in mind. It was exactly what she needed! I'm so grateful for the Spirit.

I read Isaiah Chapter 40 recently and it was AWESOME. It reminded me of Shakespeare and I love Shakespeare. :) I want to share a part that hit me really hard. It was what I needed. I encourage you to read it. Isaiah 40:29 and 31 say: "He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth their strength. But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint." I testify that is true. God has given me power and strength. The MTC is hard. The schedule is hard. Swedish is hard. But I am flying with eagles wings through my Savior. 

Jag älsker ni så mycket!!!

Syster Nielsen




I was SO excited to get my package!! I cannot even explain to you how happy the Harry Potter stamps made me. I was so, so, so happy. I LOVE the stamps!!

SO HAPPY. I love Harry Potter.

How you text in the MTC...


Sister Mecham's Mom sent me flip flops because I forgot mine! I am so grateful!

Søster Bender & Syster Nielsen.



Email day!

Our bathroom...thought you would find this interesting, 


No comments:

Post a Comment