Sunday, April 26, 2015

There is Always Tomorrow...

April 13th, 2015

Hej Family and Friends!

This week flew by! I am learning that a mission is not everything you think in your head it is going to be. I am not a perfect missionary and I have a lot to improve on. I am so grateful for the Atonement and tomorrows. We can always start again. 

The Culture here is definitely different! Syster Bradley (of course) was spot on. We walk down a crowded street and it is pretty much silent. Same goes with the bus. The Swedes don't talk to eachother like Americans do. Case in point was when this week a woman heard the missionaries speaking English and she came up and talked to one of the Elders. She said she was from America! Haha! Only Americans. Americans are just loud and open. The Swedish people are more reserved. It's not necessarily a bad thing, just different. 

One quick experience. This week a less active member came to Church. She was baptized about 6 ish months ago. She is from Iran and she used to be a Muslim. Her faith amazed me. She came to Sweden and commented on how helpful and nice the Swedish people are. She hardly speaks any Swedish, but sat through all through all three hours of Church in Swedish, and she was just so grateful to be there. Her faith amazes me! She says she joined the LDS Church because she follows her heart and it feels right.  Wow! I want to have her humility. The people here are just incredible. They strengthen my faith.

I love you all so much!! I'm sorry that this week is a short email.

Syster Nielsen


MTC Zone picture I never sent home.


Sister Beatty!!
 
One of my MTC teachers, Brother Whitworth.
 

Sister Haynes, another MTC teacher!


In front of the Sweden Stockholm Mission Home.

Luleå Temple!! Just kidding... :)

Aldste Bradley!!!!





We had to take a 4 hour train ride to Umeå for zone conference this week.. Perks of living super far away from everything...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment