Sunday, January 3, 2016

A Savior is Born


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 December 14th, 2105
 
 
 
 
  Cool Missionary Experiences!
 
 
 
On Tuesday, December 8th, we met with a man who became interested in the Gospel because I talked to him on the bus. Apparently I didn't even give him a card, but he looked at my name tag and remembered my name. And you know what? He looked my name up and found my blog and found my email and emailed me. And we met with him today because he is interested in our church. It feels good to know that I am having influence. It has been made very clear to me recently that my work is not done here in Borås. God still needs my brain and my talents here. I wanted to let someone else take over, but I am not done here. I know I still have a work left to do here, and it isn't finished. That is why I am not leaving yet. I have felt the Spirit confirm to me that I am not done yet. 

I love, love, love our investigator, Jackie. She is just incredible. She is so ready for the gospel. She was talking today in our lesson about how lots of older people begin to be cynical and think they can't learn from young people. She says she has tried to keep an open mind. I really appreciate that about her. She is someone that has really developed her spiritual side. She just expressed gratitude for us today and how she knows we were sent from God. It's incredible that God has them prepared and God knows where they are. It's just incredible. 

Thursday, December 10th, I had a pretty cool experience. I got on a bus and there was a woman that I had seen at the bus stop earlier, and I had the thought to sit next to her. In just a split second, I thought, "I am going to follow this prompting. Why not? I am just going to do it." I sat down by her, and we had a fabulous conversation even though there was hardly anyone on the bus at all. And it wasn't awkward at all! It felt so good to follow that thought.
 
 
December 7th, 2015
 

 
Kära Familjer,

God jul till er! Jul ska vara så spännande här i Sverige! Christmas is upon us. And you know what that means for missionaries? A really incredible time to spread the glad news of Christ. If you haven't seen this film, go and watch it right now: 


The film is called "A Savior is Born" and it is so powerful. Share it on your facebook! Show a friend. Help bring Christ back into Christmas. We have been now showing it to people here in Borås- even random people on the streets. We showed it to a couple of Jehovahs Witnesses on Saturday and they really liked it. And Jehovahs Witnesses don't even celebrate Christmas! Discover why Christ came to earth- this Christmas. I love the part in the video that says "The Prince of Peace." That is when I am most grateful for the Savior- when I feel the incredible peace that permeates my world. When I realize everything is going to be okay, even if I am imperfect, sinful and afraid. When the guilt washes away through an overriding peace. I have seen this video multiple times now and "A Savior Born" effects me everytime. Discover why!

On Saturday we met with a man named Arash that we contacted on the street a few weeks ago. He was one of those people you like to avoid talking to... Just because they are intimidating. Sharp looking, well dressed and carried himself with confidence. When we contacted him, we asked him if he believed in God. He very quickly said no, that he was completely atheist. We ended up having one of the most spiritual contacts I have ever had- just bearing witness of how God and the Church of Jesus Christ has changed our lives. He is an extremely intelligent man who is from Iran. He was raised Muslim until he started questioning and realizing that he did not believe what he was being taught. He could have been killed just for that very fact- if he had voiced it. He has completely broken himself off from being a Muslim, and anchored himself strongly in the world of science and tangible knowledge. He is an atheist, has lost a faith in God and is skeptical about religion. On Saturday we met with him with Peter Lundahl (a recently returned missionary) and taught him about God. It is incredible what the Gospel does to people and how it changes them. It was incredible because he listened so intently, he asked such incredible questions, he focused completely. He is the kind of investigator that everyone wants. He sure asks the hard questions, but he sure is sincere. He voiced his concern of why life was so unfair for so many people. He explained how he has had an incredibly difficult life, how it is easy for us to say that our trails are for us to grow when we are on the opposite end inequality. How would you answer this concern? Why does God let so much evil happen to some people? It's a question we get on a regular basis.

I love you all so much! I know that Christ is the light in this darkness! Go shine!

Med Kärlek,

Syster Nielsen 
 
 




Thanksgiving!






No comments:

Post a Comment