Sunday, January 3, 2016

Don't Worry, Be Happy!

December 26th, 2015


Kära Familjer och Vänner,

Merry Christmas. Life is so good it's ridiculous. Happiness is an attitude! I love my family, I love my God, I love Swedish people, I love Syster Hong, I love immigrants in Sweden, I even love people that reject me or look at me funny. It's just so great. I am so grateful that I can always try again. I am so grateful to have a Savior who died for me! Don't worry, BE HAPPY! I think this is Syster Hong's motto in life. 

The other day, I sat on a bus and talked to a man from Somalia. He was Muslim and I am Christian, but I just felt so uplifted and so much love for this man. He talked about how he doesn't understand how people don't believe in God. I feel the same way. He said that Christians and Muslims both believe in God and that is good, the other differences don't matter so much. Last week we had Zone Conference and we talked a lot about pride. A missionary talked about how sometimes he looks at people and thinks that he has all the truth that they need, not acknowledging that they have truth also in their lives. That is pride. There are so many people out there clinging to the truth they know. We are only to build on that truth, not discredit the truth they already cherish.

Last week I felt strongly that we needed to go visit Gunnvor Lövgren, a really, really old woman in our ward who lives a good ways away. I had felt like she needed a Christmas visit- I couldn't help but think of President Monson and what he would do. I feel more and more inspired by President Monson's christlike example. I love elderly people. One of the first things I told Syster Hong when she got here was "There is something you should know about me: I love old people and old people love me." She thought that was pretty hilarious!

On Christmas I got to lay down and take a NAP. Yes, I just said nap. #bestchristmasever. When I woke up from my nap, I found sticky notes all over my desk with notes to me from Syster Hong, mostly telling me what she loved about me. I am obsessed with that girl. She is the best ever! Also, on Christmas eve eve, we got back to our apartment to find the Trejoes family from our ward outside of our apartment with Christmas gifts and notes for us. And lots of hugs of course. Wow, we were so surprised and blessed. And of course I felt SO loved opening up incredibly perfect gifts from my family. :)

Also... I included a picture that I thought was really poignant. It's of an iPhone chained to a persons hand. I see this all the time. Don't be addicted. :)

Love you all so so so much! Don't worry, be happy.

Syster Nielsen

Greenie coming to Borås!





Lucia Tåg!

















No comments:

Post a Comment