Sunday, January 3, 2016

Seattle Seahawks


Kära Familj och Vänner,

I met with Alice's Mom and Dad and Grandparents this week. I am obsessed with them. They are the kindest, most loving and intelligent Swedish people. I am so blessed with my association with them. They treated me like their own daughter and fed me a delicious meal of potatoes, salmon and reindeer meat. Så gott! Alice, du har en underbar familj! Jag är så tacksam för dina föräldrar. :)

Syster Lund and I met this man in our first transfer together named Michael. It was awesome because when we street contacted him, he was wearing a Seattle Seahawks shirt. Of course that is something you see basically NEVER in Sweden. I was SO proud. Of course he is an American living in Sweden now. We have met with him twice now- he is INCREDIBLE. He went off the deep end when he was younger until he found God in his life. He has completely turned around, stopped drinking and changed his life. He is not Mormon (obviously), but we got to teach him a good portion of the Restoration this week. He is very knowledgeable in the Bible and it was incredible to be able to talk about our message. It doesn't contradict the Bible, it supports it. The Bible supports our claim of a need for a Restoration, the Apostasy and God's pattern of calling Apostles and Prophets. We were talking about Priesthood authority and he said something like "the Bible says that Jesus called 70 men." Syster Lund and I are just nodding emphatically with smiles of delight. SO cool to be able to tell him our Church has a group of 70 men, like Christ did. I am hoping that the Spirit and power of our message can convert this Seattle Seahawks fan (so proud!).

I loved what a Syster in our District said recently. She said that it isn't about if Christ was actually real or not. He is a historically real figure, a person that actually lived. That can be proven. It is just a matter of if you choose to accept and believe in Him as the Son of God, the Savior of the World. It's not a question of if He lived, but a question of if you believe.

The other day we had a member present lesson that was super cool. We were having a lesson with T. and we taught him about the Law of Chastity and the 10 Commandments. We were trying to commit him to live these commandments and he just was not willing to fully commit. I asked him again about baptism and his response was something like "we'll see." It was an incredible experience because I started to feel the Spirit just talking through me. I started to righteously admonish and told him we wouldn't be able to meet so much anymore. We are hear to teach people that want to make steps, to actually do something, to change their lives to follow Jesus Christ. I told him that we love and support him, and I invited him to continue to read and pray and come to church. The words were coming to my head and my Swedish was literally just flowing in a way that is not normal. Syster Lund thought everything that I said was just perfect (of course, the Spirit knows what to say). I was very bold- but it was only possible because the Spirit was working through me. This is not my work- I testify that it is our Savior, Jesus Christ's work! He leads it, He guides it and there is no denying the power of it! Seek Him- it's the way to peace and happiness in this life. 

I love you all so much!

Syster Nielsen

https://www.lds.org/youth/music?lang=eng#

Also, look up the music on here. Especially the song "I Can Do All Things." You'll feel inspired. :)

Yes, it's officially cold now.

Gorgeous sunrise run.


Sweden at it's finest- recycling!  They are sooooo green and clean here!

Yes, it's winter here now.... Feels like it at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment